Senior Reid Delaney had a hand in five of Wilmington's eight goals, but the Wilmington College men's lacrosse team fell to Capital, 23-8, Wednesday in Ohio Athletic Conference action on Townsend Field in Williams Stadium
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Delaney (Wooster, OH/Wooster) finished with two goals and a team-high three assists to lead the WC offense.
- Capital scored less than a minute into the game, and led 4-0 before Wilmington got on the board via a power-play goal by freshman Andrew Miller (Plain City, OH/Jonathan Alder).
- The Crusaders added six more first-period goals before Delaney tallied his first point of the game, and WC trailed 10-2 after one.
- Wilmington was outscored 6-3 in the second period and 6-0 in the third period.
- Senior Chris Hein (McKinney, TX/McKinney) added two goals for the Fightin' Quakers.
- Junior Jhordan Lang (Sunbury, OH/Big Walnut), sophomore Caden Smolenski (Loveland, OH/Loveland) and freshman Connor Judge (Dublin, OH/Scioto) scored for WC, and freshman Matthew Willenbrink (Middletown, OH/Bishop Fenwick) tallied his first career assist.
- Willenbrink, junior Jake Ladendorf (Crown Point, IN/Crown Point) and freshman Jordan Grossen all had two caused turnovers, while junior Tanner Diment led the way with eight groundballs.
Wilmington concludes the 2017 season with a road game at Muskingum 7:30 p.m. Saturday.