Freshman Clara Blaine tallied three of the five Wilmington goals as the Fightin' Quakers concluded the 2017 season with a 21-5 loss to Muskingum Saturday in Ohio Athletic Conference action on Townsend Field at Williams Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Blaine (Lebanon, OH/Lebanon) finished with a WC freshman record 28 goals, three off the single-season mark. She scored the first two Wilmington goals, including one that knotted the score at one.
- Blaine only took three shots to score her six goals and had a team-high three draw controls.
- Muskingum six straight goals over a 10-minute span to take the lead for good.
- Freshman Summer Wilbur (Manchester, OH/Manchester) finished with a team-high three ground balls, and was one of three players with a caused turnover. Junior Kara Griffith (Springfield, OH/Springfield) and Blaine were the other two.
- Freshmen Hannah Gratsch (Milford, OH/Milford) and Rachel Reinhart (Hilliard, OH/Davidson) also scored for the Fightin' Quakers.
- Sophomore Megan Wieloch (Canton, MI/Plymouth) finished with 13 saves on 34 shots.
- It marked the final collegiate game for senior Kayla Ogan (Raymond, OH/Marysville) and Whitney Brofford (Marysville, OH/Marysville).
Wilmington wrapped up the first season under head coach Bree Galloway at 2-14 overall, 1-6 in the OAC.